Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Kade goes to Kindergarten

Today was Kades first day of school. I cant believe he is old enough for school! He was very excited when he woke up this morning. He got up at 7:00 am and asked if it was time to go. I laughed and said not for a couple hours.
Finally it was time to get ready to go, I got choked up and called Jeremy while Kade was in the bathroom. It was a lot harder than i thought it was gonna be! Jer told me it would be ok.
Kade was getting more excited until about 5 minutes before he left and he got really quiet. I asked if he was ok and he got teary eyed and said he was nervous and he was going to miss me. I smiled and told him i would miss him too but it was only for a couple hours and he was going to have so much fun learning and making new friends. That seemed to help because he was out the door and to the car before i could get out the door. He was all smiles from then on. When it was time for him to go into class he said goodbye and didn't look back. I went to the car and called Jer and cried again.
When i picked him up about 3 hours later, he was all smiles and said he had so much fun at school and he was very excited to go back tomorrow. Guess that is a good sign. I hope he keeps up the excitement throughout the school year.

No comments: